Pea and Mint Falafels
This is a great twist on the traditional falafel recipe. If you fancy something different and you love pea and mint, then you'll love these little green, nutritious, flavoursome balls of delight. They are very quick and simple to make and great for buffets with a dip, or lunches.
Prep: 10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Makes: 20
Equipment you will need:
Greaseproof lined baking tray
150g Ground almond
200g Frozen peas, thawed
100g Spinach, fresh or frozen (if frozen, squeeze out excess water)
2 Garlic cloves
Juice of ½ lemon
1 large bunch fresh mint
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat your oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper.
2. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
3. Your mixture will be looking very green. Resist the temptation to eat as a dip and form into small balls, rolling with the palms of your hands.
4. Place the balls onto the lined baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes until they are golden brown in colour.
5. Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold with a dip.
Inspiration and Tips:
Serve with green salad and a salsa dip.
Great for lunch boxes and parties.
Replace the fresh mint with spices of your choice.
Make ahead of time and freeze.
Gluten free I Dairy free I Soy free I Yeast free I Sugar free I