A good bunch of fresh rosemary
1 Tbs of whole peppercorns
1 & 1/2 Cups of water
Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
2 Cups of ground flax seed
1. Prepare 2 standard size shallow baking trays by just lining the bottoms with grease-proof/parchment paper. No need to grease.
2. Heat the oven to 160oc.
3. Place the fresh rosemary, peppercorns, water and lemon juice into a high speed blender and blend.
4. Next, add the ground flax seed and blend throughly together.
5. Divide the mixture onto each tray and then using the back of a spoon, smooth the mixture until it covers the base and you have a thin layer.
6. You can leave them plain or I like to sprinkle with some ground black pepper and some seeds.
7. Place in the oven initially for 5 minutes. Take out and score into squares/shapes. Put back into the oven for 1 hour. After an hour I find I need to turn them over and cook for a further 20 minutes or so to completely dry them out. When they are cooked through and crunchy, simply break up and leave to cool.