A home made granola packed with the healthiest ingredients. This is one of my favourite breakfasts in the morning when I want something that will keep me going throughout the day. I love the crunchiness of the nuts and seeds along with the yumminess of the fresh fruit.
Prep time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 10 mins.
5og Pumpkin seeds
50g Sunflower seeds
50g Desiccated coconut
2 tbsp Ground flax seed
30g Dried cranberries
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Warm water
2 tbsp Melted coconut oil (optional)
1. Heat your oven to 180c.
2. Place all of the nuts into a food processor, along with the coconut and ground flax seed and pulse on and off for a few seconds. You don't want the nuts too fine so leave some chunks for texture.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse again briefly but enough to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Using a swiss roll tray and a layer of grease proof paper, gently empty the mixture onto the tray, spreading evenly across but keeping it loose.
5. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it and turn the mixture with a spoon half way through. It will brown very quickly so do keep an eye on it.
6. When golden brown, take out of oven and leave to cool. When cool, store in an air tight container.
Inspiration and Tips:
Use your favourite nuts and dried fruit of your choice.
Delicious served with almond or coconut milk, topped with fresh fruit of your choice.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Sugar Free | Yeast Free | Soy Free | Egg Free | Nut Free