There are times when my body calls out for something green, tasty and cleansing, and so a green soup is usually just the thing. This particular soup was inspired by a very beautiful friend of mine, and I simply tweaked it a little with the addition of the spinach. The bonus is that it's really simple and quick to prepare. I usually make up a big batch and pop it into individual containers for the freezer so that I have a tasty nurturing soup to hand whenever needed. For more delicious gluten and dairy free soups visit UniMed Living.
Prep. time: 5 mins Cooking time: 10 mins. Serves: 6
Equipment you will need: Blender
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Lge medium onion, chopped
2 Lge garlic cloves, crushed
4 Romaine lettuces, chopped and washed
500 mls Water, boiled
Large bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
Juice of a lime
400g Frozen chopped spinach
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the chopped onion. Sauté gently for a few minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add the crushed garlic and stir through for a minute.
3. Add the prepared lettuce, stir in with the onion and garlic and then add the water.
4. Add the fresh mint and stir through. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 4 minutes.
5. Leave to cool uncovered for a few minutes and then transfer to your blender and blend until smooth.
6. Return to the pan. Over a medium heat, add the frozen chopped spinach and stir through until completely defrosted and evenly mixed. You are now ready to serve!
Inspiration and Tips:
Add some seaweed to make it extra nutritious.
Prepare a delicious topping of fish to make a more substantial meal.
A super yummy way to start the day, so push the boundaries and try this for breakfast.
Put in containers for the freezer so you have a delicious and nutritious meal ready in a flash.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Sugar Free | Yeast Free | Soy Free | Egg Free | Nut Free |