Blueberry & Pumpkin Seed Breakfast Muffins
These breakfast muffins are really anytime muffins! A great mid-morning or afternoon snack, and handy for lunch boxes or even picnics. They are
light and delicious, incredibly easy to make and are a super healthy way to keep your hunger at bay.
Prep. time: 20 mins Cooking time: 35 mins. Serves: 8
Equipment you will need:
- A mixer or a food processor
- A muffin tray with cases
200ml olive oil
4 tablespoons coconut nectar (or sweetener of your choice)
1 apple (peeled and grated)
4 Eggs (whisked)
330g ground almond
3 tablespoons ground flax seed
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon mixed spice
200g frozen blueberries
200g pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 160ºc and prepare your baking tin with muffin cases.
2. Place the olive oil, coconut nectar, grated apple and whisked eggs into a mixing bowl or a food processor.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the ground almond, ground flax seed, baking powder and mixed spice.
4. In another bowl, place the blueberries and mix with a couple of tablespoons of the dry mixture so that they are well coated, and then put to one side.
4. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and blend well.
5. When thoroughly blended, add the blueberries and the pumpkin seeds and stir through thoroughly by hand.
6. Now carefully fill your prepared muffin cases. There should be enough mixture for 8.
7. Place on the middle shelf in your preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes. Test with a cocktail stick, if it comes out clean, they are ready.
Inspirations and Tips:
Serve warm or cold
I Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Sugar Free | Yeast Free | Soy Free |