Gluten and Dairy Free Lavender Cookies
With a delicate hint of lavender, these cookies are a summer favourite of mine. Each flavoursome bite reminds me of my very joyful visits to the lavender farms!
As the recipe title suggests, they are gluten and dairy free as well as refined sugar free. And with the added wellbeing benefits of lavender, these cookies are a healthy alternative to your usual sweet cookie treats.
I was inspired to make these having tried another delicious cookie recipe. Click here to checkout the original inspiration. I tweaked it a little and added food grade dried lavender to take it one step further with delightful results!
Prep: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 6/8
Equipment you will need:
300g ground almonds
150g self raising flour (gf)
145g dairy free spread (Vitalite)
1 large egg
¼ cup dried lavender - food grade
1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C (fan assisted).
2. Place all of the ingredients into your food processor and process until well combined.
3. Depending on how large you would like your cookies to be, use a
teaspoon or a dessert spoon and spoon mixture onto your prepared baking trays. Tip: use a blunt knife to coax the mixture from the spoon.
4. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are golden and springy to the touch.
5. Place them on to a wire wrack to cool and serve with your favourite cuppa.
Gluten free I Dairy free I Soy free I Yeast free I Refined sugar free I Sulphite free